Resources » FAQ


We value your time, so we’ve done our best to provide fast answers—all in one place. We’re happy to address some of your most frequently asked questions about our school here. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions or comments.
We will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. Please complete our medication authorization form (which can be found on the district Health Services page), and bring medications in the original, labeled packaging to the front office.

Skyward is just another way we keep communication between home and school strong. It provides you with almost real-time access to your child’s grades, attendance history, and other important information. You should receive your log-in information via email after registration; if you don’t, please call us to ensure your email preferences are updated in our records.

Arrival: 7:15–7:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 2:45 p.m. 

To view our high school bell schedule, please visit the Our School page.

We expect our students to dress in an appropriate manner at all times. Student dress may not present a health or a safety hazard, violate municipal, county, or state law, or present a potential disruption of the educational process. Generally, we do not allow: 

  • Spandex pants; jogging or boxer shorts 
  • Gang-related clothing 
  • Bare midriff blouses/shirts; halter-tops; bareback blouses/shirts 
  • Strapless/spaghetti strapped blouses/shirts 
  • Fishnet or muscle shirts 
  • T-shirts advertising drugs, sex, violence, alcohol, or gang-related messages 
  • Cut-offs 
  • Excessively oversized clothing (including pants that drag the floor) 
  • Heelies; hats (worn indoors); headbands 

All skirts, dresses, and shorts should not be more than four inches above the knee.

Yes, and student parking is available with a parking permit. However, students may not drive any time during school hours including class breaks and lunch periods. Also, students may not sit in their vehicles during the lunch period.

Dual-credit (also called dual enrollment) is a unique program for upperclassmen at DAHS in which they receive high school and college credit at the same time. Classes are taught through an accredited university and given either online or at a local college campus. While parents/guardians are responsible for the cost of these courses, they are typically provided to high school students at a substantial discount. Students must meet all DAHS and college criteria to apply. Make an appointment with your assigned counselor to learn more.

For requests to send transcripts to a college OR to request student records, please contact Mrs. Judy Simmons.
For transcripts OR graduation verification, please contact Mrs. MaryAnn Fiedor
Please Note: 
We do not keep copies of birth certificates OR diplomas.
There is a charge of $5.00 for transcripts, unless you are a recent graduate.